We are seeing more and more clients struggling with the same situation. They have an old server that is working fine, but they are worried about the increased risk of failure and potential for downtime due to hardware age and expired warranty. Is it is time to replace the server with new hardware and the latest version of Windows server, or should everything be moved to the cloud?
There is no one right answer to this question. We have found that for some clients, the cloud is the best option, while for others it makes more sense to just upgrade the server and leave it in house. If you’re facing a similar situation and trying to decide between new hardware and the cloud, here are some questions to consider:
- Is your hardware over five years old and out of warranty?
- Do you have many users working in satellite offices and/or from home?
- Is cross-employee collaboration important to your business?
- Is your organization growing and/or changing rapidly?
- Do you rely primarily on standard applications (e.g., Microsoft suite) to get your job done?
- Are your security needs comparable to most businesses?
The more you answered “yes” to these questions, the more you should be considering the cloud. Read more in our white paper.