The Consumer electronics Show (CES) took place last week, and as usual, a lot of interesting products will be released in 2010. Below is my quick list of things that caught my eye.
- Lenovo’s IdeaPad U1 hybrid laptop/tablet – what is interesting about this machine is that it looks and acts like a laptop, but it allows you to take off the screen and leave the keyboard behind for tablet computing. http://gizmodo.com/5440054/lenovos-ideapad-u1-is-one-smart-dual+processor-laptoptablet-hybrid
- Klipsch Light Speakers – Plug these audio speakers into any normal light bulb socket and you get an LED light (to replace the bulb you just took out) and high quality wireless speakers. Great idea. I would get a few if they were less expensive. http://www.pcworld.com/article/186050/lightspeaker_combines_wireless_audio_and_led_light.html
- RIM Blackberry Presenter – Play PowerPoint presentations wirelessly from your Blackberry to a projector. http://www.pcworld.com/article/186084/rim_reveals_blackberry_presenter_for_powerpoint.html
- ShowWX laser pico projector – plug this tiny battery powered projector in to your iPhone, laptop, or other device and project up to a 200 inch screen. http://www.microvision.com/showwx/
- AR Drone helicopter – a remote controlled helicopter type device that has onboard video and is controlled by an iPhone app. If it comes out with an Android app I’m getting one! http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/05/parrots-ar-drone-helicopter-brings-military-style-amusement-to/
- 3D – it seems to be the year of 3D for the home. There are a lot of TV manufacturers coming out with sets that are 3D, as well as, Blu-ray players that can handle 3D discs. Now if there was only enough content to justify the upgrades. Speaking of content, it is coming this year with several channels and sporting events planned for 2010. And yes you still need to wear the glasses.